Today, we are all about empowerment.
We work out to tone our muscles, to strengthen our hearts and bodies, and to feel empowered and strong. We eat clean, healthy diets rich in nutrients to nourish and cleanse our bodies. We do yoga and meditate to quiet our minds and to focus our energy.
So why should we sit by, idly and powerlessly, and watch as our skin ages, wrinkles, sags, and loses its youthful glow? Why fight to keep our bodies young and helplessly submit to letting our skin age? And, why is the act of being proactive about our visual aging supposed to be a secretive act or even taboo?
I firmly and unequivocally believe that aging is a GIFT. But, aging skin is squarely within our control. We now have the tools to empower ourselves to keep our skin healthy, firm, glowing and smooth well into our golden years.
We have such a wide range of products and available treatments that this process can be completely personalized to meet your needs, your goals, your aesthetic, your concept of beauty.
Whether you want to exclusively use DIY, home based remedies and essential oils, OR you want a full celebrity in-office treatment including injections and lasers, OR you fall somewhere in between, you have a WEALTH OF OPTIONS to look and feel your best and to control the visual aging process to the degree that suits YOU.
Here are some examples of key information at your fingertips:
*My team of Bowe’s Angels and I provide weekly fruit infused DETOX WATERS to our patients and post them on our social media. We provide hot tips on the many skin benefits derived from nutrient and antioxidant rich fruits.
*Coconut oil is a very inexpensive way to smooth fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes and mouth while a DIY Avocado and Honey mask will hydrate and smooth your skin naturally.
*Microneedling, which I offer at my office, is a painless, minimally invasive procedure that permits your potent serums to penetrate deeper into your skin, making them even more effective so you get the most out of your skincare products. [to learn more about Microneedling, click here: https://drwhitneybowe.com/microneedling/]
*FRAXEL (Fractional Laser Resurfacing Treatments), which I also offer at my office, resurfaces and rejuvenates your skin while actually decreasing your risk of skin cancer, resulting in fresh, glowing, smooth skin.
*We do not have to chase wrinkles! Instead, proactively getting botulinum toxin injections BEFORE you have deep wrinkles can actually keep those deep wrinkles from forming for decades and keep your skin tight and youthful well into your sixties and beyond.
This brings me to my FIVE RULES FOR PROACTIVE AGING:
(1) STOP feeling guilty or ashamed of wanting to look and feel your best, inside and out! Taking care of YOURSELF TOO is a gift to you and to your family. I am at my best when I feel my best and I bet the same is true of you. My patients and I discuss guilt a lot. Let’s free ourselves to take care of ourselves.
(2) STOP equating negative aspects of vanity with taking care of yourself and your skin. My patients don’t live in front of a magnifying mirror. They are positive DO-ers, taking control of their destination (and they’re also very successful and cool!)
(3) STOP being so quick to judge others when it comes to PROACTIVE AGING. It is a personal experience – you just need to be comfortable with your own experience.
(4) START understanding that PROACTIVE AGING is within your control and in your hands!
(5) START empowering yourself with knowledge. This blog is a great place to start.