#Multimasking at Good Morning America!
I had so much fun working with my Good Morning America family this morning and sharing some of my go-to, DIY facial masks for glowing, healthy skin. I’ve had a lot of requests for more information on the masks we featured, so here you go!
DEPUFFING AND EXFOLIATING: Coffee and Yogurt Mask
- Coffee: The caffeine in coffee grounds helps to reduce swelling and puffiness.
- Yogurt: Soothing, emollient
- To make: Combine 3 tablespoons of greek yogurt with 2 tablespoons of finely ground coffee and mix together (using a fork) until you have a paste. Apply to face using gentle, circular motions. Rinse off after 20 minutes with warm water and a soft wash cloth. Pat dry!
COMBAT REDNESS: Green Tea and Honey Mask
- Green Tea: Soothing, removes impurities, reduces inflammation
- Honey: Antibacterial, soothing
- To make: Cut open 2 green tea bags and empty contents into mixing bowl. Add a few drops of water and mix with fork just to dampen. Then, mix in 3 tablespoons of honey (I use a fork to mix, which seems to work better than a spoon). Apply mask to face. Rinse off after 15 -20 minutes with warm water and a soft wash cloth. Pat dry!
The harsh and cold winter air can leave your skin feeling so chapped. These easy masks with ingredients you can find right in your kitchen are a quick fix to rehydrate and nourish your skin!