Dr. Whitney’s 5 Key Tips when it comes to Lash Extensions
1. NO FORMALDEHYDE: Never. Ever. Make sure there is no formaldehyde in the glue which is used to secure the lash extensions. It can be dangerous for your eyes. Ask – and if there is any question, strongly consider running!
2. TAKE A BREAK: Your lashes need a break between applications of extensions, so schedule it in. It’s important. Take care of your own lashes! The glue can cause damage and breakage, so make sure you make time for some lash R&R in btw your glam sessions.
3. LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP: Do your research before you take the plunge! Make sure you go to someone experienced and reputable! We are talking about your eyes. If extensions aren’t attached properly, they can swing down and scratch your cornea. Be informed!
4. LET YOUR BODY DO THE TALKING: Does it hurt? Does it burn? If so, don’t ignore it and soldier on in the name of beauty. This is your body telling you that you are having an allergic reaction or some other reaction to one of the ingredients involved in the process. Stop and talk to your technician, who should be trained in handling this!
5. KNOW YOUR TOOLS: Use a gentle eye makeup remover with a cleansing wipe instead of cotton balls or Q-tips which can lead to fibers sticking in your extensions! Stay away from oil based makeup removers which could impact the glue! Talk to your technician and check out the best tools to keep your lashes gorgeous and your eyes healthy!